Refugees Welcome in Idaho
The Refugees Welcome in Idaho Facebook page is posting updates on local events and ways to support refugees in Boise.
NeighborsUnited is a collaboration of individuals, community leaders, organizations, and companies working to support Boise's refugees.
Refugee Council USA
RCUSA is publishing monthly report cards on refugee arrivals for Fiscal Year 2018:RCUSA Advocate Now page for ideas and the RCUSA Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit.
The toolkit includes
- The Power of Advocacy
- Where to Start: Team-building
- Meet with Your Local, State, and National Leaders
- Handouts and Resources, Sample Letters
- Sample Local Welcoming Resolution
- Action Alert: Call Your Local, State, and National Leaders
- Communities of Welcome: Host Refugees Welcome Events
- Change the Dialogue & Push for Change through Social Media
Resources for our Volunteers
Check out success stories across the nation of how non-profits and volunteers can make a difference in the refugee resettlement process http://www.rcusa.org/refugee-success-stories/
For our volunteers working on refugee social integration, this is helpful insight onto culture shock and integration: https://corenav.org/en/programs/cultural-orientation/cultural-adjustment/
This article about transportation in the USA brings up some good considerations for volunteers to keep in mind as they teach refugees how to use the Boise bus system.