Refugees Welcome in Idaho
The Refugees Welcome in Idaho Facebook page is posting updates on local events and ways to support refugees in Boise.
NeighborsUnited is a collaboration of individuals, community leaders, organizations, and companies working to support Boise's refugees.
Refugee Council USA
RCUSA is publishing monthly report cards on refugee arrivals for Fiscal Year 2018.
Check out the RCUSA Advocate Now page for ideas and the RCUSA Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit.
The toolkit includes
- The Power of Advocacy
- Where to Start: Team-building
- Meet with Your Local, State, and National Leaders
- Handouts and Resources, Sample Letters
- Sample Local Welcoming Resolution
- Action Alert: Call Your Local, State, and National Leaders
- Communities of Welcome: Host Refugees Welcome Events
- Change the Dialogue & Push for Change through Social Media
Resources for our Volunteers
Check out success stories across the nation of how non-profits and volunteers can make a difference in the refugee resettlement process http://www.rcusa.org/refugee-success-stories/
For our volunteers working on refugee social integration, this is helpful insight onto culture shock and integration: https://corenav.org/en/programs/cultural-orientation/cultural-adjustment/
This article about transportation in the USA brings up some good considerations for volunteers to keep in mind as they teach refugees how to use the Boise bus system.